Others

tirsdag 26. februar 2013

Review: Condor Bushlore bushcraft knife

Hi everyone

Today I will be giving you a written review of my Condor Bushlore Knife.
It is made in El Salvador by Condor and I have to say that it is a really good knife for the price I paid. The blade is made with 1075 high carbon steel that is about 4 mm thick and the blade about 4 Inches long. You can choose micarta or natural wood as handle material. Mine is natural wood. It is of course a full tang knife with a slight convex scandi grind and the handle also has a lanyard hole on it.

The knife also has a pretty sturdy leather sheath with a belt loop that holds the knife firmly in place by friction.

The knife came pretty damn sharp right out of the box and held it's edge quite good and was able to withstand a lot of punishment before I had to resharpen it. It is strong enough for baton use to split wood and   is also sharp enough to make feathersticks and do fine woodwork with.

I have made some slight modifications with mine: Firstly I grinded the edge a bit because I didn't want the slight convex edge as this is harder to sharpen in the field, now it is less convex and more scandi.

I also did some very minor work to the handle just to make it more comfortable the way I am using it. And also finished it some brownish gun stock oil to make the finish nicer.

I will try to make a demonstration video on the knife when I have the time and when I'm more familiar in how  to post on youtube.



Please comment and please like the blog so that others with bushcraft interest can have a look as well :)


See you soon!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar