Others

onsdag 28. januar 2015

My two first knives

I have always been interested in knives, ever since I got my first one at an age of five or six years old. A few years ago I started playing with the thought or trying to make my own knives, and the ones i firstly wanted to make was the standard Nordic rat-tail-tang knives.

For several years this seemed to be impossible so I never did anything about it, but after making a few kuksas (will make a post about that as well) I started to want to make more and studied hard about how to make my own knives.

And here are the results:


This is the very first knife I made. It is a finnish style puukko knife, with a handle made out of birch with some burl wood and nine layers of birchbark.

The blade is a Lauri Carbon steel blade.












This is my second knife inspired by Norwegian knife traditions on utility knives. The handle is an unknown wood, although I suspect birchburl and also I put in two layers of red vulcanized fibre liners.

The blade is Lauri Carbon Drop Point

I really learned a lot from making the first one and look forward to improving even more on my knife making skills.












I will continue to post knives and other creations I may have, if there is any requests for other articles, let me know and I will try to accommodate this!


See You Soon! :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar